Certified TranslationTranslationVital Records

Marriage Certificate Translation

Did you get married? Congratulations! But what if you married overseas and now you need to use your marriage certificate in the USA? Well, now you will need to have your marriage certificate translated from your native language into English. There is a number of reasons why you may need to translate your marriage certificate, but the most common reasons are immigration purposes, to prove the fact of your marriage, or the fact of your name change. 

The marriage certificate is a very important vital record, and translation of such document is way more complex than it may seem. Furthermore, if you intend to use your marriage certificate translation for immigration purposes and submit it to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (the USCIS), you will need to use a knowledgeable, professional, and certified linguist who is an expert in providing marriage certificate translation services. Besides, according to the regulations, the translation has to be certified. Thus you will need an assistance of the certified translation agency that provides document translation services. Please click here to find out more about our certified translation services. 

You will also need certified translations services if you are required to submit your marriage certificate to any other Federal or private organization. 

If your marriage certificate was issued in the US and you need to use it in a foreign country or submit it to your country’s  Embassy or the Consulate General, you will be required to obtain an Apostille, as well as to present your marriage certificate translation from the English into the official language of the country where you intend to use the document. Please click here to find out more about our Apostille services. 

Let’s take a look at the most common questions here:

  1. Do I really have to translate my marriage certificate? 

If you are already married and planning to immigrate to the USA, the USCIS will require you to submit proof of your marriage. The proof of your marriage is your marriage certificate. And if your marriage certificate was issued in any other language but English, you will have to translate it. We strongly recommend using only qualified and certified translation agency, such as A-DOCS, INC., for that important task. And what is essential is that we guarantee the accuracy of the marriage certificate translation, especially when it comes to spellings of your names, and we always comply with and copy 99,9% of the original format of the source document. Please keep in mind that the correct name spelling is crucial because a difference in one letter makes it a completely different name, and all of the dates and numbers should be accurate in order to avoid possible serious complications. 

As we mentioned already, another reason why you may need a marriage certificate translation is to prove your marriage to any other requesting authority or organization, if you need to prove your name change, or if you are required to submit your US-issued marriage certificate in your country’s Embassy or overseas with the Apostille.    

  1. What is the marriage certificate certified translation?

The marriage certificate certified translation includes:

  1. Marriage certificate translation;
  2. A copy of the original marriage certificate attached to the translation; 
  3. An Affidavit of Accuracy signed by the translator and notarized by a Notary Public.
  4. The translation should be done one the translation company’s letterhead and should include the name of the company, address, and contact information. 
  5. How long does it take to translate the marriage certificate?

When you entrust your marriage certificate translation to A-DOCS, INC., usually, it is done in only 1 business day. If you have a Russian marriage certificate, usually, the translation is done within a couple of hours. The same applies to Belarusian, Czech, Polish, Serbian, Ukrainian, and other Slavic languages. If your marriage certificate is, for example, in French, German, Italian, Norwegian, or Spanish, usually the translation is ready the next day. If your marriage certificate is in Arabic, Armenian, Chinese, Greek, Georgian, Japanese, Kazakh, Turkish, Urdu, or Uzbek, usually it takes us 1-2 business days to translate it.

If your marriage certificate was issued in the US and you need Apostille services, usually it takes us 1 business day to obtain an Apostille, and 1-2 business days to translate the US marriage certificate from the English into the official language of the country where you intend to use the document.       

  1. How do I get my marriage certificate translation?

We, at A-DOCS, INC., are very easy to work with. You can come to our office in Brooklyn, meet us in person, and pick up your translation. Or we can mail it to you via the USPS at NO additional cost to you. We can also provide you with the digital copy in PDF at your request. How simple and convenient is that? 

And keep in mind that all of our translations are recognized and accepted by all authorities and organizations in the US and abroad.

If you need the marriage certificate translation or Apostille services, please contact our office today at (718) 730-4343 or by e-mail: info.adocs@gmail.com

We are always here to assist you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *