Personal Document Apostille Services

Apostille for Personal Documents

Since 2014, A-DOCS, INC. provides fast, professional, and affordable Apostille services in Brooklyn, NYC, and nationwide for personal documents intended to be presented outside of the US. 


Here are some examples of personal documents that require an Apostille so the document can be used and recognized abroad:

  1. Power of Attorney - the document that grants the authority to an agent to act on your behalf in a foreign country. It is used so the agent can represent your matters in any official or private organization, such as a court, for example, obtain various documents from any official or educational institution, such as the Office of Vital Records or college, sell or buy you a property, receive your money or pension.
  2. Power of Attorney Revocation - if you would like to revoke the Power of Attorney issued in the past.
  3. Parental Consent for International Travel of a Minor Child - used when a minor child travels abroad with only one parent or with a third party. On the border in the country where the child is a citizen, the officer will ask to present such a letter of consent from another parent or from both parents. If you fail to present such a letter, the officer will prevent a child's departure.
  4. Documents for Transportation of Deceased - you will need to certify the documents (such as Death Certificate) if you wish to transport an embalmed body or an urn to a foreign country. 
  5. Marriage Certificate - you will need an Apostille for the Marriage Certificate if you required to show abroad that you are legally married and/or have changed your name. You may also be required to present a certified Name Change Certificate.
  6. Single Status Affidavit - confirms your marital status. If you plan to register a marriage with a foreign citizen overseas, then you will be required to present that document.
  7. No Record of Marriage - confirms that you are not married to another person. If you have been married in the past, you may be required to present proof of divorce, a so-called Certified Divorce Decree.

Basically, you will need an Apostille attached to any document issued in the US if you intend to use the document in a foreign country. 

Besides, the document and the Apostille itself must be translated into an official language of the country where the document is meant to be used. At A-DOCS, INC., we also provide certified translation services from and into more than 100 languages. We work with all major Asian, Middle-East, Scandinavian, and European languages, including but not limited to Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek, and many others.   

Once you are ready to certify and translate your documents for international use, please contact us and mail your documents or bring them in person to our office located in Brooklyn at 414 Brighton Beach Ave, Suite 2, Brooklyn, NY 11235. 

Call us at (718)-730-4343 or send us an e-mail:


If you have any questions or need an Apostille for any of your documents, please contact our office today!